As obstetrical and gynecological care is necessary despite the current situation with COVID-19, our office does remain open.
We are offering office appointments as well as telemedicine appointments, when applicable. We want to limit our patients’ exposure to any and all pathogens, so we have always practiced universal precautions in our office. This includes hand washing, disinfecting surfaces including those that contact patients, sterilizing equipment, and using gloves. We will continue these practices now.
We are working to meet our patient’s needs while keeping our patients and staff safe. We therefore ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Please call to reschedule your appointment if you are feeling ill.
- Please do not come in if you have a fever, aren’t sure if you have a fever, have body aches and chills, or a cough. Cancellation fees will not apply.
- Please call to reschedule if you have traveled internationally within the last 30 days. Cancellation fees will not apply.
- Please try to come to your appointment alone to help limit exposure to your family and our staff.
- Please keep a safe distance from other patients. We will work to bring patients back as quickly as possible for their appointments. Our goal is to keep our wait times short, but in OB especially sometimes emergencies happen that can lead to longer wait times. We can be flexible in having patients go out into the hall or to their cars if the wait looks to be longer than expected, calling to have you come back in when we are ready. We should not have to use this option often.
Again, we do have telemedicine appointments available for certain problem types. During the telemedicine appointment we may ask you to check your own blood pressure (if you have a cuff at home) or take your pulse or temperature. This will not be necessary for most appointments, but could be useful in certain circumstances.
Please call either office to set up the appointment with our receptionists. Thank you for entrusting your health to us. We look forward to continuing to take care of you,
Ob and Gyn Associates,
Dr. Denita Speyer
Dr. Diane Barrett
Information about telemedicine:
Our office is using a program called doxy.me, which is HIPPA compliant. Your privacy is important to us. You will be asked by the receptionist to give an email address or cell phone number, and you will receive an appointment time. At that time, the doctor will send you an invitation to the appointment. Once you are in the virtual waiting room the doctor will connect with you. We will bill your insurance for the appointment, and collect a co-pay via credit card if one is due at the time of the appointment.